Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cloche by the sea

Ahoy there!


Took my new cloche for a little boat ride during Holy Week.



According to wikipedia, "Cloche hats were usually made of felt so that they conformed to the head.[1][1] By 1928-1929, it became fashionable to turn the brims on cloche hats upwards. This style remained prevalent throughout the early 1930s until the cloche hat became obsolete around 1933-1934."  The hat was typically designed to be worn low on the forehead, with the wearer's eyes only slightly below the brim.

I decided to experiment with lighter fabric so that the cloche could still be worn in tropical weather.  There's lining underneath the hat and for a bit of frivolous fun, I sometimes add feather clips or brooches.

The Bonne Cloche is available upon request.  Since I make the headpieces myself, please let me know if you would like to have one made at LEAST one week in advance. 

bonnebons@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...